Press release from Pennsylvania American Water:
Crews are responding to a number of water main breaks that occurred overnight in the Norristown and Bridgeport areas, which are impacting water service to some customers. We are repairing breaks at the following locations:
- 800 Block of Cherry St, Norristown (Cherry St closed between Oak St and Elm St) Water tanker will be located at Cherry and Oak after 9 a.m. Please bring your own containers.
- Penn St between Barbadoes and Markley, Norristown (Penn St closed between Barbadoes and Markley St)
- 300 block of E. Ridge Pk, Norristown (Traffic impact to westbound lane of Ridge Pk)
- 800 block of W. Marshall St, Norristown. Water tanker will be located on 800 block of W. Marshall after 9 a.m. Please bring your own containers.
- E. Jacoby St, Norristown
- 800 block of DeKalb St, Bridgeport (DeKalb shut down north and soundbound lanes from 4th St to 9th St) Water tanker located along 9th St after 9 a.m. Please bring your own containers.
- Trooper Rd and Egypt Rd, Lower Providence Twp. Water tanker stationed at Tom’s Pet Outlet. Please bring your own containers.
We expect repairs will take approx. six to eight hours until service is restored for affected customers. We apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.