The holiday season is here, and the best part about it is spending it with family and friends. The Norristown Project has collected a list of events from our community calendar of events happening in town for the entire family. As always, check with event planners in the case of inclement weather and cancellations. Full event details including time and location also available on our community calendar.
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
- Christmas Tree Lighting – Elmwood Park Zoo – Join EPZ for the zoo’s annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, December 2 from 5 PM to 7 PM. Guests can enjoy visits with Santa, arts and crafts and more! The tree will officially be lit at 6:45 PM. The ceremony is free to attend.
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
- Gingerbread Friends Holiday Storytime – 10:30 pm – Activities include stories, crafts, and songs. Bring a treat if you’d like to share (no nuts please). For children ages 3-5. Registration required. Call 610-278-5100 x 205 or stop by the Children’s Department to sign up.
- Brunch with Santa – 10:30 am and 12:30 pm – Registration for Brunch with Santa is now open! One of EPZ’s most favorite events of the year, Brunch with Santa sells out quickly! It’s never too early to reserve your space for a delicious all-you-can-eat brunch buffet, photos with Santa, Holiday-themed crafts, and much more! Please note: Brunch with Santa runs from Saturday, December 3 through Sunday, December 18! There will be separate Facebook events for each weekend’s brunches.
- Classical Meets Rock N Roll Holiday Show – 8:15 pm – The Centre Theater welcomes Kevin Durkin and his traditional style along with Devon Anderson and her contemporary style for a Holiday Show to remember. Classical meets Rock N Roll (Dec. 3) will get you in the holiday spirit, and just to make sure, Five Saints Distilling will be in the house offering a special cocktail for the season. Doors open at 7:30 p.m, show starts at 8:15 p.m. For tickets call 215.906.0919 or go to http://classich
Friday, December 16th, 2016
- Toys for Tots Public Distribution Day – 5:30 pm – Each season, Montgomery County OIC partners with the local Toys for Tots Foundation to find families in need of toys for the holidays. We are currently accepting applications for families of Montgomery County. In 2015, OIC served over 400 families across the region in our biggest program in our history! If you are a family in need this holiday season, come to our public distribution day on December 16th, 2016. Toys are distributed on a first come, first-serve basis. You may fill out an application in advance by stopping by our office.
- Christmas Around the World – 6:00 pm – Christmas Around the World with food, games and kid activities for ages 5-12. Must rsvp kpileggi@norris
town.org or 610-272-4961.
For a complete list of holiday events and more, please visit our community calendar. If you have an event you wish to share with the community, you can enter the details in the form below.