Xtreme Learning Center at Montgomery County OIC is now hiring for a certified teacher for their before/after school care program! See job description below:
This individual must be a dedicated, motivated professional who loves young children. Have a desire to work in a quality program and a positive work environment.
- Assist the Head Teacher/Director with the implementation of instruction of the children with age appropriate curriculum based on individual progress and goals set for each group
- Create positive and productive relationships and communications between yourself, other staff, parents and children.
- Maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Supervise and insure the safety of all children in your care.
- Create a warm, inviting and organized environment for both children and parents
- Be alert and aware of the needs of the children within the classroom
- Keep classroom and all areas neat, orderly, safe and healthy
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings
- Attend a minimum of 18 hours of approved professional development annually Must continue education in pursuit of at least a CDA or attain 6 credits in ECE in related field within 6 months of employment
- Help to complete progress reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- High school diploma and at least 1+ years of relevant work experience with children.
- Experience in childcare preferred
- Must be Pediatric CPR certified or achieve certification within the first 6 months of employment
- Physical ability required: Must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds,
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time Must be able to get down at the children’s level and get up unassisted
- Must be able to react quickly to the needs of the children and classroom
- Must be able to both see and hear the children in the classroom at all times
- Must be proficient in both reading and writing
- Good verbal and written communication with parents, children and other members of the team
- Must obtain health assessment and TB test (negative result) before employment and continue to keep both current and up to date per Chapter 3270 of PA Code, Title 55.
- Must complete appropriate clearances (per Chapter 3270 of PA Code, Title 55.) before start of employment and returned to employer before the 30th calendar day after start date.
Interested applicant should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Montgomery County OIC is the lead agency of The Norristown Project.