Join us for our annual Fall Cleanup in Downtown Norristown on September 30th!
The Norristown Project is excited to announce our Fall Cleanup will take place on Saturday, September 30th, 2017! This season, our focus will be streetscaping and beautification activities. Volunteers are needed to assist with cleaning, weeding, and mulching the flower
The Norristown Project focuses on creating solutions to challenges in the community. Many of our ideas come from our network of volunteers and continuous research of community across the United States with similar demographics to us. Volunteer Opportunities Throughout the
The Norristown Project provides a community calendar for Norristown residents! View our calendar to get information on all upcoming events in the community. Here, you will find all events happening within Norristown’s borders. Browse through our calendar for a list of events that
Join the Norristown Project's email list!
Want to learn more how you can help us?
Starting with a single seed in 2016, The Norristown Project started our urban garden to become a learning experience for our youth and community! The urban garden is located at Montgomery County OIC and is maintained year-round by children inRead more
What Others Are Saying About Norristown
With the hard work of volunteers and business development, Norristown is on its way to becoming a beautiful place to live.
Growing up in Norristown, I saw the best and the worst. With everyone coming together, this town has a chance of regaining it's beauty.
Hear Our Vision
The Norristown Project's goal is to implement visions for a better community. We are always taking suggestions on how we can work together to get Norristown to this goal. We also share our vision for the community and what we would like to see happen. From the abandoned prison on Airy Street to Walnut Street Park, we have ideas for development and welcome an open discussion on your thoughts for these areas. Click on the pictures to the right to hear our idea for each.
- PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release Contact: Gabriela Prete, Public Information Officer – (610) 270-0429 Norristown Police Department Launches 40 Point Plan and Police Chief’s Advisory Board to Reduce Gun Violence in The Municipality NORRISTOWN, PA – The Norristown Police Department announcedRead More »
- Overnight, banners at 87 and 90 East Main Street popped up announcing a new development project happening in Norristown’s courthouse district. The developer, Sherbiny Property Group, lists on their website that the properties will bring luxury living, retail, and dining toRead More »
- Press release from Pennsylvania American Water: Crews are responding to a number of water main breaks that occurred overnight in the Norristown and Bridgeport areas, which are impacting water service to some customers. We are repairing breaks at the following locations: 800 BlockRead More »
- An effort to restore native plants to Riverfront Park will take place on Wednesday, August 23rd beginning at 10 am. A coordinator from the John James Audubon Society is seeking volunteers to assist with their effort. A Riparian buffer restorationRead More »
- On August 16th, 2017 ACPPA Community Art Center announced the organization will no longer continue to serve the Norristown community after August 31st. This comes one year after ACPPA celebrated their 10th year in the community. See entire press releaseRead More »